Monday, October 5, 2020

Basket of Blooms Birthday Card

birthday card with embossing and stamped basket of flowers

This card had a lengthy journey to make as it was a birthday card I made for my mum in the UK. Travel disruption has had a pretty big impact on the postal service timeframes with fewer flights taking mail from Australia to the UK. I had to be super organised to get this one in the post several weeks early in the hopes it would arrive on time. It was a day late, but she loved it anyway! A handmade card is always worth waiting for.

birthday card coloured with stampin' blends, stamped basket of flowers, embossed background



I used some thick Whisper White cad for my card base. This card is exactly the right weight for a standard sized card, keeping your card standing up nicely. I made a background using the Greenery embossing folder and Soft Seafoam cardstock and the Basket of Blooms stampset to create the little basket of flowers. My mum is a keen gardener and this basket reminds me so much of the trug she used to use in the garden when I was small (she probably still has it).

The basket and flowers were stamped and then coloured using Stampin' Blends. I absolutely love the effect and depth you can create using these alcohol markers. Fussy cutting all the little flowers was a labour of love, but it was for my mum and she's worth it!

birthday card with flowers in basket and embossed background

Stampin' Dimensionals gave the basket and flowers some pop and it was finished off with a sentiment from Many Mates and a bow of linen thread.


subscription link to email newsletter

You can buy all the products used in this project in my online shop. Click here to shop now.

Products Used
 

No comments:

Post a Comment